Monday, August 29, 2011


Monday - Work. Run to Store. Run dinner to Richard. Tidy up for guests (Richard's sister and BIL). Pick up guests at airport (9:30 pm). Take home. Make up a late dinner (thank you crock pot!) Entertain until Richard gets home (midnight). Go home.

Tuesday - Wake up tired. Work late. Richard runs family up to SLC for conference.

Wednesday - Work. Take Richard dinner. Feel sick.... both he and I spend night up with the flu.

Thursday - Home sick with the flu.

Friday - Still a little queasy, but feeling better. Work 11 hours (ugh!). Go home.

Saturday - Finally see Captain American (loved it!) Go grocery shopping. Relax at apartment while waiting to pick up family in SLC after conference. Drive to SLC.... wait an hour (conference ran over). Drive back to apartment and cook dinner for family and family friend. Watch some Doctor Who.... start feeling sick again.... go home.... up most of the night.

Sunday - Drive to apartment at 6am, make breakfast. Richard and I take his family to airport. Go to my work to clean the office, since our gal who normally cleans is on vacation. Feeling sick again... miss church. Rest at apartment and cross stitch while Richard tries to sleep it off. Make dinner. Rot brains out with cross stitch and multiple episodes of Supernatural in-between restroom visits. Go home.

Monday - start work week over again......but I am starting to feel good again.... lets hope it lasts.

Wow... it seems like all I did last week was either have the flu (we seem to be passing it back and forth, so I think we need to lay off the kissing for a few days) and cook. Oh, and we did a bit of playing chauffeur. Not much accomplished at the end of the day except some well-fed family, a clean apartment and I seem to have dropped a couple of pounds of water weight (which will quickly bounce back I am sure)...that and I got pretty far on my sister's birthday cross stitch....

I mentioned on FB that I may have cracked a bone in my arm... think its confirmed now. I still have a large and tender lump just below my elbow and its been a week now... stupid thing is still pretty sore, so I am still being careful not to bump my arm into anything, which isn't as easy as you think since its my left arm and I keep bumping it on the door while I drive.

The jury is still out on if it was a good week or not.... I admit though that I am looking forward to not having to "go home" at the end of the day.... I like the idea that if I am tired or not feeling good I can just go to bed and not have to get in the car and drive to get to that bed......


Danielle said...

Wow! What a week! Sorry you've been sick! Its hard to be sick and still try to DO things and entertain!
I'm sure it'll be a very nice feeling when you don't have to "go home". You'll just BE there! :D

♥Miya said...

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon :( xoxo