Sunday, November 6, 2011

The things we do to make our men happy...

I am learning to cook a little more spicy.... a little more... Tex-Mex.

Not official Tex-Mex, but with a bit of that Tex-Mex flavor...



I discovered this seasoning at my local Super Target (but I've seen it around in several grocery stores) and Richard loves it.... we grind this stuff onto potatoes and onions as we saute them for breakfast... used it to season taco meat, and it has found its way into a few of my soup recipes and even into my meatloaf!

Actually, I am really getting hooked on it myself... which is really saying something since I am not into super spicy stuff... this is a very nice combination of flavors though that adds a kick to a lot of different dishes.

Guaranteed to make your Texan (or Washington/New York/Utah/Idaho) Man incredibly happy and smacking his lips for more.... in the month or so that we've had it we've used half of that big bottle! (disclaimer: this is NOT a paid advertisement)

As great as it is though I do need to pick up this book


Apparently the Barrios family is verrrrrrry well known around San Antonio (where Richard originally hails from) and it is filled with recipes he loves from the area. Lucky for me, it turns out my local library has a copy, so we will be picking it up tomorrow. The poor guy deserves a bit more of what he knows.... but he certainly seems to love everything I've made him up here so far...

...personally, I've had a hankering for Carne Guisada lately... think I may give this recipe a try....

No comments: