Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I Want To Live Here

Okay, maybe not literally since there are a few things I would definately change...but to rent it out for a vacation would be a blast. Someday I would love to let go and have fun like this in a few rooms. Of course some of the rooms are so funky that guests may not get the most restful of sleep! Trust me, if fun and funky is your style then its worth it to scroll through all of the images....but I'll toss a few favorites in here to whet your appetites.

Loverly plum walls and a funky "moss" shag throw rug....I would definately get a different style of bed though, that whole Marie Antoinette/Regency style just isn't for me.

More of that plum color.
A tad minimalist but I love the color combinations. This is a bathroom made for soaking and relaxing after a hard day's work.

Plum again....I am really responding to this color for some reason! I have always wanted a chaise lounge....one day I will finally have room for one. I like the slight outdoorsy feel you get with this....its almost like Narnian where you're in the woods yet they brought the Royal Furniture outdoors.
Long view....such a wonderful use of color and space. Very soothing.
I couldn't resist adding this one. I love the funky geometric paint job around the front door and the fake pampas grass "growing" on the ledge.

5 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

Um...I don't think I'd wan to live there. Visit? Perhaps...

Leah Z said...

It would be like living in Sleeping Beauty's castle! I'd be waiting for the candles to start flirting with me or the vanity to start singing.

I'd definitely feel like a princess.

mywest said...

Perhaps this is where I need to be for awhile to get myself shocked back into reality.... Don't think I could stay long before scary things might start happening?????

Corine Moore said...

What a blast to visit! :D I love the colors. My base color for my home is green (my second favorite color) and my accent color is (first favorite) purple, or plum? It is very eclectic around here! :D

♥Miya said...

I prefer more natural wood, and a more of a "lived-in" look. Nothing wrong with funky, just not my kind of funky.