Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Autumnal Quotes

I couldn't resist adding a few of these lovely "turn of phrases" on my beloved Autumn.


"Autumn is a second spring when every leaf's a flower" ~Albert Camus
"Autumn, the year's last, loveliest smile" ~William Cullen Bryant
"Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all" ~Stanley Horowitz
"Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree" ~Emily Bronte
"No spring or summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face" ~John Dunne
"The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves" ~John Muir
"I cannot endure to waste anything as precious as autumn sunshine by staying in the house" ~ Nathaniel Hawthorne
"Come said the wind to the leaves one day, Come o're the meadows and we will play. Put on your dresses scarlet and gold, For summer is gone and the days grow cold." ~ A Children's Song from the 1880's
"Summer is already better, but the best is autumn. It is mature, reasonable and serious, it glows moderately and not frivolously ... It cools down, clears up, makes you reasonable ..." ~ Valentin
"Youth is like spring, an over praised season more remarkable forbiting winds than genial breezes. Autumn is the mellower season,and what we lose in flowers we more than gain in fruits." ~ Samuel Butler
"Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn."~ Elizabeth Lawrence

2 comments:

mywest said...

Hi honey
Autumn is full of beauty and you have captured some of it in your photo's. Mom and I loved taking short trips this time of year so I think this weekend I will just do that. Won't be the same but I really need to get out. Love DAD

Corine Moore said...

I just read your last two posts.. beautiful! I absolutely love the photos!

Autumn has become my favorite time of year as well. I really hope it lasts long this year so I can rollerblade among the fallen colored leaves.