Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Travel Plans (and mode of travel)

Okay fans....I have already received 2 queries about my shopping adventure last weekend and I think its time to post the blog.....




Yes, I bought a car.

I wanted to take some iconic picture of my car against a backdrop of aspens blazing in autumnal golden splendor, or perhaps on the jetty at Provo Lake, with waves crashing behind....... as I haven't driven to either location yet, you are stuck with a picture of my car in the parking lot here at work.

The car is a 1991 Volkswagen Jetta, its silver, manual shift, has a sunroof and was $2000 less than I had budgeted for (I swear this car could have been made for me since it pretty much filled what little "wants" I had for a car).

Ooh yeah.....what's not to love?

So, now that the vehicle has been secured the plan is set....I head North on the 16th for Spokane, spend the night at Lucie's and spend a chunk of Saturday with mom. Then its off to Sandpoint to spend a week with Dad. From what I hear we already have an excursion planned taking the scenic trainride from Ione to Metalline Falls taking in the fall colors (I am so excited....my first ever train ride!) The rest of the week isn't really set....I will wander as I will during the day and then be home in the evenings when Dad gets home from work. I admit I am really looking forward to spending some quality time alone with him. The week will pass and then its home again, home again (jiggety jig!) on the 25th.

To everyone hoping I will stop by.....I will try my best to fit you all in, but I make no promises. Email me (or wall-to-wall me in Facebook) your phone numbers and we can try to work something out......

Love to all!

5 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

Wow, looks pretty impressive on the outside. However, now I'll never recognize you...the blue beast was easy to spot.

mywest said...

Looking forward to your arrival. Drive safe and don't push it. Love, DAD

Corine Moore said...

Nice! :D Congrats! And BTY - you have my # :).. I really hope you can squeeze in some time over here!!!! :D

Yancy said...

car looks cool, and the trip sounds like a lot of fun!

Danielle said...

Cute car!! Love it! Have fun on your trip...I love road trips!!! Hug your dad for us!! We miss him