Friday, July 27, 2007

moves and little sisters...

Well, my friend Ronetta has offered me her mobile home for the low low low price of $300 a month...and the sucker is furnished! Hooray! My own home again....no roomies and all that entails (for those of you in contact with me you've proly already heard a few of the complaints!) I should be able to move in labor day weekend but am not sure if I will be moving then or the following weekend as Ronetta, the gang and I are thinking of heading for Wyoming to go Dude Ranching for my birthday...mine or hers....no one has really decided yet. 'Netta's birthday is at the end of the month so it would just be one day on the ranch unless everyone took an extra day off of work so I think it would proly be a better idea for labor day weekend but we'll discuss it tonight.

Of course moving means packing and packing means GOING THROUGH ALL MY CRAP TO BE SURE I REALLY WANT TO HAUL IT WITH ME YET AGAIN! sigh. I hate moving. I've already decided that this weekend is gonna be me, packing boxes, my junk and a couple of movies playing in the background for company. I also have incentive since my little sister Lucie is coming down to spend a month with me. She arrives this tuesday and will be here until August 28th. It'd be nice to have most of the extra crap boxed up before she gets here so she can not only show up to a nice clean room but so that I won't be panicking because I have no intention of packing while she's here (talk about boring!) Of course I've invited Mikey over for dinner sometime this weekend so I will have some human contact to look forward to. Turns out he's packing this weekend too cause he turned in his two weeks notice and plans to head up to Layton in a couple of weeks.

So....if I don't answer my phone this weekend odds are its cause its buried under a pile of my junk, or that I can't climb over the boxes fast enough to get to it. If you still haven't gotten a hold of me by the middle of next week you may want to start worrying that I've accidently taped my cell up into one of the packing boxes! With my luck, it'll proly happen.....

No comments: