Monday, July 23, 2007

what a week....

Okay, managed to survive my first week on the new job (with a ton of yawning!) and realized, yet again, why I am happy I no longer work for my old employer. Apparently he freaked when he saw my "extra hours" over the weekend and wasn't happy about "being forced to pay me for it"...man, what a jerk! Forward to new job...okay, my new boss is my uncle so there's already an "i like you as a person" vibe going on but its been funny to see how we have a professional working relationship here. It's not strange at all...but it feels like it should be.

Regardless, I LOVE MY NEW JOB! I do a lot of things and there's quite a bit of flexability with it so its a lot of fun. I enter, fill and ship product from this office and call on orders coming from the warehouse. I get to call on old estimates and see if they are interested in placing an order (a lot less scary than I thought!) and try to think of new ways to drum up business. I also get to handle the couple of walk-in customers that we get (and let me get this out of the way now..THEY ARE ALL GUYS! and some of them are pretty darn cute!) My flirtation muscles are getting exercise again!!!! I also am getting tons of exercise around here with running around filling orders and lifting some extremely heavy boxes (97 lbs is not uncommon here!)

The week ended well...went to Wendover and did some mild gambling for Meggie's birthday (Ronetta's daughter). Ended up losing $15 in the end but had fun except for one teensy weensy little sin...girl had a shot glass sized pina colada. Yup, the kind that's made with rum...tho after me beating myself up over it the people I was with admitted that there was less than a spoonful of booze in that thing...still....BAD GIRL! Too bad it tasted kinda yummy....until I tasted the rum anyway. Don't worry, I am still kicking myself for that one...confessed my sin to my 16 year old baby sister and she asks, "uh..can't you get those things non-alcoholic?" Aw man! Why didn't I think of that while I was ordering it????

Came home late Saturday with my new Harry Potter book in tow and then spent Sunday reading it off and on. Finished by 4:30 in the afternoon and was fairly upset with Mrs. Rowling because she freaking killed off my favorite character!!!!! Okay, maybe upset is a bit strong since I had a feeling this person wasn't going to make it but it still was upsetting to get to it....especially since we don't know how they died or which person killed them...we just come across them lying there dead.

In one sense I am happy that the series has wrapped up and there's no more waiting to find out who comes out on top in the end, especially since I was getting a little tired of the ongoing storyline (seriously, how many times can we hear the chorus of "ooh Snape is the bad guy!" without wanting to smack those kids upside the head?). Kudos to Rowling for definately wrapping this thing up with no real ends to come back to later.

All in all it was a very long, but rather satisfying week.

No comments: