Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Cold Turkey: Day One

Oh soda...how you bubble and tease my taste buds with your carbonated sweetness. My morning wouldn't really start until I was swigging on a bottle of you...You were the refreshment in my life....my constant companion.So why is it that I set you aside I suddenly cannot concentrate....I daydream of your fruity flavors and pouring that frothy goodness down my gullet. I want to keep reaching for a bottle that is no longer there.

I find myself sluggish, tired when I got a fairly good night's sleep last night. My eyes feel weighted and I feel wrung out....even though my day has just begun...
We had a wonderful relationship once....but that time is past. All that is left now is the inevitable ugliness that follows caffeine withdrawl. I'm thinking it should hit by tomorrow morning. Thank you for the ugliness....it serves as a reminder of just why we can't be together.















2 comments:

Corine Moore said...

LOL! Thanks for the good laugh! (and for reminding me of one of the reasons why I don't drink caffinated beverages):)

♥Concerned♥ said...

I think we quit on the same day!! And Josh and I are definitely feeling the sluggishness. And my deprivation headache hit Friday evening!!!

We can do this! Together!!