Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Another Day in the Life....

So what's been happening to me since Thanksgiving? Nothing majorly exciting I am afraid....

Lets see.....

I've somehow misplaced my camera and its driving me crazy trying to find it. Its not here at work and not in my car (which is where I had thought it was all this time). After class tonight I need to finish cleaning up my room (you can almost see my desk through all of the books, papers and accumulated junk). I can only hope that it got pushed underneath my bed since I've shuffled the desk around a few times and come up empty. So it wasn't the most expensive camera on the planet and I don't think it had a lot of pictures on it since I seem to recall clearing off the memory card in preparation for Thanksgiving.....but still.....it wasn't cheap and I really do love my camera.

I still have a bit of a cough....sorry dad, this is really hanging on.

I will (unfortunately) be spending a chunk of my weekend here in the office working on the year-end inventory. I am not looking forward to it at all since I will be spending most of the day in the warehouse and it is not heated.....freaking brrrrrr! I'll be in a sweater or two with a thermos of hot cocoa, that's for sure...between that and the cranked up music, it should make for a (hopefully) productive day. At least the temperature will be above freezing for Saturday!

Not really liking all of the snow (well, the cold really).....but dealing with it (seriously, what good is complaining going to do?) Sadly, I still get to hear the daily whining of someone I know who it seems can't wait to call me several times a day just to tell me just how hideous the weather is and how they aren't sure anyone should be out driving and what do I mean when I say I made it to work with no problems..... (sigh) this person always has something to complain about so I guess I should consider myself lucky to already know in advance what the rant of the day is likely to contain!

Speaking of cold and snow....I rescued a cat last night. No Jason, I am not going to keep it. My neighbor kicked a few kittens outside through the summer and promptly forgot all about them. My roomie and I have been feeding the neighborhood strays and both of these kittens have been amongst them. I haven't seen the older one for awhile now, but I did manage to catch the small one last night and haul it into the house. With the news stating we could see wind chill giving us a low around -20 the next few nights, I couldn't stand the thought of this little guy (or gal...I've never checked) freezing to death outside. Its so small and with its short-hair and scrawny build (no meat whatsoever on the poor thing) it just broke my heart to leave it out there. At least the other strays have long hair and thick coats. Anyway, I'll have to find a home for it in the spring as I absolutely DO NOT need another cat! It was still hiding under the couch this morning but it seemed happy (purring anyway) and why shouldn't it, I have its own dish of food and water under there with it! I am hoping it'll loosen up and become more of a "people cat" so it'll be easier to give away....goodness knows its pretty enough....inky black with pumpkin eyes.

But I digress.....

Class starts tonight for web coding....yes, I admit, I flunked a class at school. I just don't get the whole coding thing so here I am for the second time around. ANY POINTERS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED! :d

As always, there is too much to do and not enough hours in the day to accomplish them in, so please understand if I don't blog much between now and Christmas.....addressing cards is next on the list so you should see those in your mailboxes soon.

My love to all....

1 comment:

mywest said...

Honey,
You can only do what you can...but of those you can get done do them very well.