Friday, June 24, 2011

Another way to put Provo on the map....

Well my future in-laws are hitting a conference in Salt Lake in August.... and I was just asked if I could pick them up at the Provo airport and shuttle them to and from SLC.

What?!?! Provo airport is for pilot training and little commuter stuff....

Nope... not anymore. This last Monday saw its first commercial flight (Frontier is the only one on board so far) via Denver. Apparently its even cheaper than flying into SLC. Provo airport is hoping to see more airlines hop on the bandwagon in the months and years to come....

Figures. I am flying Frontier at the beginning of August to meet Richard in San Antonio.... I am flying out of Salt Lake, so I am trying to work up a ride to the airport.

Wonder how much it would be for me to change that flight plan and leave from here?

later note: whew! It would actually cost me $40 more to fly out of Provo.... and get me into San Antonio about 2 and a half hours later.... okay, don't feel so bad about having already booked my flight!

No comments: