Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Update

Still haven't charged my camera battery...can't find the charger! You know that when you absolutely can't find something that it is time to finally clean up that pile of papers, etc you have tossed on the floor. Only ended up working a half day yesterday so I ran a few errands, grabbed a nummy taco salad at Carl's Jr, took it home and grabbed the latest Fannie Flagg book I nabbed from the library's sale table. Four hours later I looked up, realised the roomie was going to be home soon so I started getting stuff ready for dinner (grilled pork chops, yellow peppers, onions and pineapple chunks on rice). Finally got around to putting that window film up (I bought it about 3 weeks ago!) so I can have my blinds open and yakked at Lucie about college for a few hours.

Woke up this morning to delicious sunlight streaming in my windows (boy have I missed that!) and came in to work. School starts again tonight (Design 103 and Psych 101 this time around) and I am looking forward to that. Think I may ask about working a half day on Friday or just taking the whole thing off so I can unpack those final craft boxes I have in the storage unit. I have a color wheel and a color composite template in there somewhere that I need for my classes so I have GOT to get those boxes pulled out by sometime this weekend.

Over the weekend I finished my final project for my In Design class...a travel brochure for Alaska and I am thrilled with how it turned out. I haven't heard anything back yet from my instructor though so I wonder how he took it. Regardless though I finally felt like I created something that made sense. There was a reason for my color choices, for the page layout. My instructor had mentioned earlier that, even though he knew it was my first class, that I needed to start looking at what inspired/interested/spoke to me and start collecting publications that helped with that since I really had no idea what I was doing with color. He was definately right. It was wonderful to have everything just pop into place this time (talk about relief and feeling like you've had a major breakthrough!)

2 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

Keep up the good work! I also really like your new header photo...it fits very nicely. Did you take it or find it?

shoezimm said...

Its actually one I found but it won't be there for long....once the leaves come out I plan to head up the canyon and take my own header photo.