Tuesday, August 28, 2007

little sisters.....

Well, Lucie flew home this afternoon. I drove her to SL airport, walked with her until we reached the security gate....and then watched her go. YES I CRIED A LITTLE! All I can say is thank heavens for sunglasses so no one could see the coupla tears I had leaking out (no I didn't break down sobbing in front of everyone....I saved that for the car!)

Honestly, I cried but it wasn't bad....in fact I was well on the way back to work before she even boarded the plane....and by the time she landed I was hip deep in shipping boxes and packaged orders. I'm a little sad to see her go, but I know she was getting a bit homesick and hanging out with me 24/7 watching me pack and then unpack my boxes could not have been fun! Besides, she plans to move down here after graduation next June and that's only what....9 months away? I think I can survive. Besides, as she pointed out to me today; she'll be calling pretty much every night as it is...who has time for hysterics because she's talking to me from another state?

No comments: