Friday, January 16, 2009

A blast from the past.....

Wow...high school hit with a thud this morning.

A guy I went to high school with sent an email this morning to my facebook account, mentioning he was posting videos to a play I was a part of in the way back when....Tom Jones. We sent a few messages back and forth and then I decided to jump over to his youtube account to see the play.

It starts with the narrator's long monologue....and then I come out.

Oh. My. Goodness. I had to remember it was the 80's and yes we had poofy hair back then and really bad taste in clothes. Mr Maggart told me I should have worn a plain dress instead of what I wore on-stage but did I listen? No.....enjoy the mermaid skirt guys, it was high fashion when I was in high school.

I am only in the first few minutes of the play so no one has to suffer through a lot but if you want to see what I looked like my senior year of high school here you go. You only have to watch from timepoint 1:54 to 6:06...trust me, I don't come back on again after that point. Tt is wild watching this...I used to have such a crush on the guy who played my brother in the play....I loved that fact that with every performance I got to give him a little hug!

You know, looking back I see that while that outfit (and my hair) are hideous, I wasn't the absolutely huge hippo I thought I was in high school. I'm not even close to thin, but I don't look as bad as I remember either. Maybe it wasn't such a bad thing after all that David posted this video.

2 comments:

Leah Z said...

Brillance! So sad to think you're acting career never went anywhere. Next time there's a family gathering there should be a Zimmerman family movie made. I've seen a bit of what Yancy and Jason can do.

Lucie said...

Your voice was so high back then! Or, maybe it was just the quality of the video. Nevertheless, its pretty interesting to see what you were like before I was born!