Tuesday, January 6, 2009

a moment to ponder the virtues of snow......


Snow.....what can you say? A lot actually.....

It freezes my car doors shut (I think I need to have the seals on the doors redone this spring)so I get a lot of exercise just trying to pry my doors open!

I think its also why my car smells so strongly of gasoline right now...all the vents are pretty much clogged with snow except the ones leading into my car! Whew...it was making me sick last night...and this coming from the girl who LIKES the smell of gasoline! I think that needs to be looked at as well....my car does not need to be flooded with the smell of gas every time I turn it on.

It appears to increase the stupidity of drivers all across the U.S., making them believe they are suddenly impervious to accident or injury, no matter how fast or recklessly they drive. I think some Einstein somewhere has worked up the mathematical equation proving this anomaly, however I have yet to find it.

As soon as you shovel the driveway odds are high that another 2 feet will dump down on you...often starting before you even get back in the house.

No matter how much you bundle up, you're still going to end up covered in snow and probably wet after using a broom to push a couple tons of snow off of your car every morning.

I never seem to get warm no matter how high I crank the heat up or how many blankets I crawl under (and a good many of them are wool so you know I've GOT to be warming up)

Snowplows inevitably miss your street and your left wondering if you need to invest in a good team of Huskies to get to work each morning...

On the days the plows DO hit your streets, you then have to dig your way out of the driveway.

Some truly amazing photo opportunites seem to lie just out of reach for a gal without 4-wheel drive....

Even though it is going to end up dirty and ucky in the roads...it really does look lovely coming down.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And this coming from a girl whom grew up in the middle of nowhere, on a hill, that most people couldn't get up to visit in the winter! Aw it's the age thing HUH? That's why I moved to Saint George!