Tuesday, March 9, 2010

!@*)#&_!_%? computer

Well its official. My desktop computer is legally dead. The new fan works great....but the freaking thing still refuses to boot up.

Its really most sincerely dead.

Its not really that big of a surprise since its been "under construction" for a year and a half now. I've almost forgotten all of the gems that were on it that will fall on the wayside.

Luckily I have a fantabulous brother-in-law who just so happens to be a computer god/geek/what-have-you who has graciously agreed to "think about it" and then will offer up what he thinks will be the best bang for my buck.

Preferably under $500...but as I already have a still awesome monitor, working keyboard, mouse, speakers and cables, the cost of one tower only shouldn't be TOO bad.

The suckage is in the fact that I had some good programs on my old computer that I really do not want to pay for again.

Curse you desktop computer.....

3 comments:

Yancy said...

Did you try booting from a disk?

Yancy said...

I'm sure the answer is, "yes." And you've probably done a ton of things, but I had to ask.

Teachinfourth said...

You are not serious, are you?

Bring it over and I'll take a look at it.