Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Last Night

Well I stopped at Wal-Mart after work for a few "last minute" items (I can't believe I forgot the marshmallows for the candied yams!) I knew I would be too tired if I waited until after school and if I went Wednesday the stores would be a real busy mess. I ended up loading my car up with 8- 12 packs of diet Pomegranate 7-Up to add to the 4 cases I already have stashed at work (what can I say but I really love that stuff and it stinks its a Christmas season only product!)

Even though I took my time I still arrived at school 45 minutes early, so I went to my classroom and started reading chapter 1 in my advertising design textbook. Actually it was a very interesting read, and I was really getting into it when my instructor walked in and started taking attendance. He looked around at us for a moment, got a dry eraser and then wrote on the board "Read Chapter 1 over the weekend. Go Home."

Well the other guys quickly grabbed their stuff but, being Shawna, I just had to ask what the reasoning was behind the super-early release (seriously, we'd only been in class 5 minutes). Turns out there were 14 people scheduled for class but only 4 of us turned up! I stuck around for a few minutes talking with the instructor about our syllabus before leaving, but I think I am really going to love the material in this class.

Well since I had a lot of time on my hands now I decided to buy some jeans, and just grabbed my size off of the rack since the place was just about to close when I got there. Driving home I suddenly decided to pull into the Scera and see if I could catch a showing of "Twilight". Sure enough, the previews were just starting so I had time to get popcorn and a bottled water before the movie started. I found a seat pretty much dead center (where I love to sit), sat back and lost myself in the movie. I love this theater...amazingly popular movie, 7 pm showing, and yet the theater wasn't even a third of the way full!

You know, not having a lovesick teenager gabbing and giggling throughout the movie really does make a difference. I completely enjoyed the movie...even more than I had the first time around. I will definitly be buying this one on DVD.

Headed home, read for awhile, and then it was off to bed.

The only downer? This morning I went to wear my new jeans only to find out these things ride seriously low! sigh. So I am wearing my khaki Dockers today....I'll take the jeans back after work (before class) tonight and exchange them for a pair that will actually cover my tush and tummy, because trust me, no one wants to see that stuff hanging out! What is it about lowriders anyway? They don't look good even on skinny girls and yet some marketing "genius" decided fat chicks wanted in on the new hip style?!? Some genius.....

1 comment:

♥Miya said...

I can't stand that! I search through the entire plus sized section and all I can find is either straight-legged jeans that don't fit in the thigh, or normal jeans that ride down far enough that everyone has a nice view of your coinslot. I mean, ew! I don't care how skinny someone is, the last thing I want to see is the area where a stranger poops.