Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Holidays that just can't wait their turn.....

Okay, the push for Christmas Christmas Christmas is just getting worse and worse and worse. I have accepted the idea that retailers have their Christmas crap out long before the Halloween aisle is even descimated (got to get it in for those early Christmas shoppers!) but this morning was a new low in the holiday world. Driving past Hampton Inn and Resort this morning the building was ablaze in the pre-dawn with Christmas lights all over their sign and on all of the pine trees in the front area! I mean really....the trick or treaters are still gearing up for the long rounds of door-to-door and haven't even started getting sick on candy and the Christmas lights are up? What is this world coming to? Now Halloween is my favorite holiday but its usually a second banana to Christmas in the world view of favorites....now it has to deal with Christmas not even waiting for the first of November? Nope, Christmas has to step in and take Halloween's fine glory...it just reaches in there and snatches the day without so much as a by-your-leave or "oops....sorry". sigh. Whatever happened to Halloween and then Thanksgiving AND THEN Christmas? You know, something to look forward to? What'll be new for next year....buying your September back-to-school supplies along with a couple of stocking stuffers?

2 comments:

♥Miya said...

Haha, a girl from my math class just posted a blog exactly like this.

annette said...

I know! What's with that? I actually avoid stores as much as possible in Nov. BECAUSE otherwise I find that I'm sick of Christmas when it finally gets here! For the same reason, I refuse, REFUSE to put up any decorations or play Christmas music before December. This year I've even one-upt it by putting a turkey pic. on our door and other THANKSGIVING decorations up. Ha! So there!!! (Poor Thanksgiving!)