Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Winds of Change?

Well the boss just sat down and shared an idea that he and the co-owner are working on of becoming a distributor rather than a wholesaler, adding more to our product line and perhaps even opening up to the general public. That, of course, would mean a showroom floor where our product can be on display which would mean a new office for us since this one just doesn't have the space. They are meeting today to discuss it further and if they decide to go forward they are thinking of re-formating our name, our image and opening the new office in time for next year's season which would probably mean by the springtime. Talk about exciting!

There is one maybe good/maybe bad thing about the change: Dan is thinking of moving the company out of Orem and into Sandy or Draper. Nothing is for certain; the pros and cons of relocating have still to be fully looked into, but I may have to move in the springtime (that or face a commute, which is a possibility, at least if gas prices don't crawl back up over $4, my car starts behaving or I get a newer one in better shape).

Thankfully my college has a branch in Salt Lake if it comes down to it, though it would be strange to essentially start over meeting new instructors and fellow students. I am sure I could be happy up there as well as down here but I am certainly not looking forward to the additional air polution.....

Oh well, as I said before there is still plenty of time between now and then, and nothing has been agreed upon.....

I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

Did I mention I hate waiting?

No comments: