Saturday, April 18, 2009

8 Days....Day 3

What made me happy today was a 3-day weekend. With the hours I worked this last week I only had to use 3 hours of vacation time to make 40 hours.....so cool. The guys didn't call me once and I spent the day between watching movies, reading, cleaning up a bit around the house and making pot roast for dinner. After how many hours I worked the week before it was wonderful to have a day with no plans whatsoever in order to totally relax.

Today I still have movies playing but I am heating up soup made from last night's broth, baked potatoes and roast. Mmmmmmmmm. I am also catching up on the homework I fell behind on while modifying those European switches last week.

What's playing right now? A marvelous movie that I adore called "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind". Strange little film, but I love Jim Carrey's dramatic roles. His comedy leaves me cold because he tends to go way overboard but he's a wonderful dramatic actor. Loved him in "The Truman Show" and "The Magestic". "Number 23" was good too....

No comments: