Monday, April 27, 2009

!#%(&!***@ series........(ie: I spoke too soon)

I just heard that the final Wheel of Time book (A Memory of Light) will not be concluding the series this October.

**sob**

Tor Books just announced that "A Memory of Light" will be a trilogy and come out as follows:
Book 12-1 "The Gathering Storm" to be released November 3, 2009
Book 12-2 "Shifting Winds" to be released Fall of 2010
Book 12-3 "Tarmon Gai'don" to be released Fall of 2011



I get the reasoning behind this and all but freaking crap....hasn't this series had us waiting long enough? I was getting ready to start reading it from the beginning (all 12 books if you count the prequel) so I'd be ready for this fall.

Forget that.

I will still buy it when it comes out this fall (I have all of the others in hardback already...no point in swapping to paperback now). However, I think I will wait until the final 3 books are published before reading them. I will probably start the series from the beginning about 6 months before the final release date so I will be able to finally read the entire thing through without being left on freaking cliffhangers anymore.

Honestly, as much as I love this series, after nearly 20 years its time to wind the thing up already.

No comments: