Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter everyone.....


I couldn't resist putting this one up....someone sent it to me and I have been chuckling for the last couple of days over it.

Easter...it doesn't seem as if we should be this far into the year....but then I am also still getting used to the idea that Easter hit us in March this year instead of its typical April setting. Went to sacrament meeting and was surprised that there was no real fanfare in church this year...usually the primary kids sing a song or two but nope, just our usual speakers and the choir performed our closing song so there was a last second scramble for us to sing something else at the end of the meeting.

Went to Jase's afterwards...some of his friends came over for a BBQ. I know, I know, its not your typical Easter fare but I don't like ham and didn't feel like preparing something I wasn't going to eat. We ended up with teriyaki chicken breasts that we made into sandwiches with thick bacon and swiss cheese, potato wedges, grilled pineapple, devilled eggs and topped it off with homemade brownies. Dang it was good. I could only eat half of my sandwich so I brought the other half with me today for lunch (yum!). We watched "Enchanted" on the projector and I must say I enjoyed it a lot more the second time around. It still doesn't live up to all the hype though. I bought "Tin Man" last week and I enjoyed it a whole lot more...

Still, time spent with family is what makes it all worth while...including those "family" groups we form with our friends!

No comments: